Raise your hand if Super Bowl Sunday is your favorite holiday. Seriously, even if you’re not that into football or you don’t care about the teams, the commercials are great, the halftime show is always amazing AND most importantly, FOOD AND BOOZE. ON A SUNDAY.
I did one of these a couple of years ago, but I think it’s time for an update. I’ve got an arsenal of PHFF balanced snacks and bites for you guys – some are from my site, others are from other sites, but all have the NA stamp of approval.
Let’s start with a few quick tips to get you through the party – remember, it is never ok to ‘throw in the towel’ and make yourself sick eating garbage all day. You can eat good (yeah good, not well), have some drinks, still feel great and not throw off your health vibe.
Super Bowl Quick Tips
- Eat breakfast. And lunch. Yeah, starving yourself all day is so 2007. The key is to walk into the party with nice and steady blood sugar levels so that you don’t even think twice about eating everything in site. You can eat light, just keep it balanced with a few small PHFF meals before going to the party.
- Bring club soda. You can mix up any low or no sugar cocktail with a bottle of good old club, and it’s what I recommend especially if you’re going to be eating, too. Or mix it up by grabbing something flavored from La Croix!
- Scope out the healthy fats and protein first. Fat and protein are gonna keep you full. Carbs signal your brain to overeat. Look for wings, meatballs, the meat and cheese tray, anything with avocado and eat your favorite dips with veggies instead of chips or crackers.
- Pop a double dose of vitamin C and vitamin B12 before heading to the party. These are hangover killers!
- Drink water between drinks. I know this is a lame tip, but water really does curb cravings, and you’ll suffer a lot less on Monday morning.
K here we go. Here’s my top picks for Super Bowl eats that no one will ever know is “healthy”!
And some additional dips I LOVE from outside of NA:
Spinach Artichoke Dip from PaleOMG
Cilantro Pistachio Pesto from Shaw’s Simple Swaps
Dark Chocolate Avocado Fruit Dip from The Real Food RDs
More on the HeartY Side
Some more hearty snacks from outside NA:
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp from Damn Delicious
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes from Stupid Easy Paleo
Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana Bars (super kid friendly!)
Desserts aren’t my thing – but here are some great ones!
Trailmix Cookies from Halsa Nutrition
Champagne Cupcakes from PaleOMG
Dark Chocolate Cashew Clusters from She Wears Many Hats
More NA approved dranks:
Sparkling Vodka Lemon Soda from Skinny Affair
Basil Cucumber Gin Cooler from SkinnyTaste
Have fun, and tag me on IG at @thenutritionaddiction or on Twitter @NutrAddiction or on Facebook if you make any of these! You can also use the hashtag #caloriearestupid and I’ll find you there.