Let’s just get straight to the point.
I’m a chip-o-holic.
I will cut you for a chip.
Add a little Ranch Dip?
So, yeah. I had to come up with an alternative. A high-fiber, low carb, GREEN alternative.
Enter: Brussels Sprouts Chips.
And I figured while we’re at it – let’s make them my FAVORITE type of chip: Salt & Vinegar.
Yaaasss I die for a salt & vin chip.
These are kiiiiind of annoying to prepare (definitely a bit of a longer prep time than I usually give you guys) BUT they’re super quick in the oven.
I would just prop up in front of the TV (Grey’s Anatomy, if we’re being specific) with a cutting board and a boatload of brussels and go to town.
One note about these guys – I made them a few times to nail down the recipe and the amount of oil and vinegar TOTALLY depends on how fresh the brussels are. Older brussels sprouts need far less oil and vinegar.
Fresh brussels need FAR more.
So. This recipe is based on super fresh brussels sprouts, but really, you just need to FEEL it out. If they feel a little dry, just add more oil and vin.
I like these by themselves or in a #BabeBowl. I love to throw some ground turkey and avo over a bed of these babies. YUM.
ok lemme know what you think.
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1½ Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Chop off the stems of the Brussels, cut them in half, and start peeling the leaves. When it gets tough.....just chop up the remaining Brussels sprouts. Basically....just do your best here. Don't stress out about making "perfect" chips.
- Mix the leaves, avocado oil, vinegar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Line a large baking tray with foil. Spread the brussels out in a single layer.
- Bake for ~12 min until crispy and brown around the edges.
- Try the chips, and sprinkle with extra salt if needed.