This is what I like to call a no recipe recipe. This is my favorite type of recipe. My first lemon pepper wing was at little dive called Yacht Club in my Atlanta hood. I was hooked immediately. Extra crispy, tangy, citrusy, peppery wings with a cool ranch dip. My only experience with wings that far in life had been deep fried chicken drowned in buffalo sauce, which often lead to a soggy wing. [let it be known, I have NO beef and only love for buff sauce]. But, lemon pepper wings have no sauce, therefore there’s no chance of sabotaging a crispy skin. These Yacht Club folks were genius! Then I realized, every single restaurant in ATL sells lemon pepper wings. It’s like a whole thing, and for good reason. I needed to get with the program. I needed to figure out how to make these at home in my oven, because as it turns out, ordering fried wings every night is not something that I recommend to anyone.
Figuring it out included tossing some nakey wings in lemon pepper and blasting them in the oven. So this recipe is 2 ingredients and is ready in under 30. That’s my jam. See that Herby Yogurt Ranch dip in the background? That will be up on the blog tomorrow!
- 1.5 lbs buffalo chicken wings
- 3 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning w/ salt*
- chopped green onions, far garnish [optional]
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Set a wire rack inside of a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss wings with lemon pepper in a large bowl.
- Place wings onto rack in a single layer, skin side up.
- Bake wings for 10 minutes, then turn each wing over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Because the oven is so hot, it's important to keep an eye on the wings once you've flipped them. Once, flipped, check the wings again at 6 minutes, then 8 minutes to be sure they're not getting too crisp.