Well, it’s April. Time to go on a diet, right?
Bring on the cleanses. Detoxes. JUICING. 1000-calorie diets. CARDIO. CARDIO. CARDIO.
Will you lose weight? Sure! Absolutely. Low cal works – it does. Cardio works – absolutely.
For like, a minute.
Your typical low-calorie-diet-60-minutes-
I mean, don’t get me wrong, once April hits I usually “get in the zone.” You know, time to get it right and tight before bikini season. I wanna feel confident. What’s wrong with that?
And that’s why I’ve got something for you. But, you’ll have to keep reading because I know there are still some of you who aren’t buying the whole “don’t starve and run yourself skinny” mentality.
See, here’s what happens when you go on a “summer diet”
- You go on a cleanse, detox, super low-calorie diet and start hitting the elliptical to shed lbs.
- You lose weight. (fat and muscle) You see results. You’re PUMPED.
- You’re hungry. You start eating more – you might even start binging. And it’s not your fault, because willpower is bullshit. This could happen two weeks in, or it could happen two months in. But it will happen – that I can guarantee.
- You gain the weight back. You’re bloated. You might even gain more than you originally took off – why?
Because your metabolism is a lot slower than it started out. You’ve decreased your muscle mass (therefore you’ve lowered the number of calories your body is burning on a daily basis) and you’ve put your body in a state where it’s starting to hoard calories because it doesn’t know when you’re going to starve it again.
In other words, your body is a lot smarter than you are. Respect it.
But……….I get it. Summer is around the corner and you are not a bad person for wanting to feel confident in a pair of shorts and a swimsuit. I mean, that’s completely normal. Even if you’re at a weight you’re happy with and you’re feelin’ yourself, it’s not weird to want to tone up a little after winter.
If you’re gonna walk around half naked in public, you wanna feel good, right?
So, if I had to boil down how to tone up for summer and feel confident in your birthday suit into 4 tips, here’s what they’d be –
TOP 4 TIPS TO FEEL GOOD NAKEY
- THE RIGHT BALANCE OF PHFF (Protein, Healthy Fat, and Fiber-rich carbs) Protein boosts your metabolism and keeps you full, fat supports your metabolism and is essential for it to work correctly, and carbs are energy.
- HIGH-INTENSITY WORKOUTS. And a combo of resistance workouts and cardio. Going high intensity makes your workouts a lot shorter than your 60-minute elliptical sessions, but are 10xs as effective. You need to sweat, a lot.
- GET A FRIEND, YO. The power of community when it comes to achieving a goal is real. There’s research, and stuff. Plus, if you have someone to hold you accountable, you’re waaayyyy less likely to throw in the towel when pizza is in your face.
- CONSISTENCY. Honestly, this is probably the biggest key. And in order to be consistent, you have to be working with a program that’s easy to follow and isn’t gonna burn you out.
Oh funny, because I’ve got something from you. With all 4 of these key components.
THE F*CK diets project
A couple of months ago Kendalle Gidion, CNC, CFL1 of The Caffeinated Nutritionist reached out to me and said –
“Hey girl, wouldn’t it be fun to a Facebook challenge group where we whipped some ladies into shape with gnarly workouts and customized nutrition plans?”
And I was like, “YEAH, boo. LET’S DO IT.”
And then we were like, “How do we make this unlike every other ‘get skinny for summer!’ diet challenge?”
And the heavens opened and in unison, we said, “…..F*CK DIETS.”
A variation of this story did actually happen.
And so, the F*ck Diet Project was born. And it is an 8-week program designed to get you tight, toned, and confident (most importantly) through consistent, short workouts that you can do at home or the gym, customized carb/fat/protein goal to hit every day, and NO DIETS – just real food, with super easy meal ideas and recipes. But there’s a lot more.
The F*ck Diets Project includes
- Weekly meal plans with exclusive, delicious af recipes from yours truely
- Individualized macro breakdown (daily protein/fat/carb targets by Kendalle the Macro Queen)
- 5 workouts per week, that can be done at home with minimal equipment or the gym (under 45 min)
- Educational guides and resources
- One-on-one weekly check-ins via email with us – each week we’ll assess your progress, how you’re feeling and tweak your plan when needed
- Unlimited email support
- Access to a private FB group for support
- Bi-weekly FB live Q&A
- Weekly Newsletter for YOU and only you guys
- Knowledge bombs all over the place – we’ll be continuously posting to the private group and using our newsletter to keep you motivated!
- Opportunities for prizes like a Lululemon gift card and goodies from our fav brands
So, you can click here to reserve your spot (just click ‘reserve your spot’ at the top of the page). We are doing a LIMITED number of people this first time around, though, because we want to give you guys a lot of attention and pay close attention to the process. So don’t wait.
The bootcamp will run from May 8 – July 2.
The price is $250 for the full 8 weeks. This is literally half of what it costs for private coaching with Kendalle or I, AND you’ll be getting the added bonus of workouts + videos and prizes and all kinds of exclusive shit.
It’s a steal, but honestly, the whole purpose of doing this was to be able to help more people than we can with 1-on-1 coaching. This is what lights us up. We wanna help you get to where you wanna be with your health and body goals WHILE breaking the dieting cycle.
Sound good? Let’s do this. We can’t wait!!
PS – before you ask why I look like I got beat up from the back, it’s from CUPPING – my new obsession. I have a full blog post coming soon about it. Stay tuned!